Guides to handling a break up
Break ups can be very hard to handle. You will think you are never going to find anyone else. You are gonna cry yourself to sleep multiple times. But you have to go through the pain before you have the strength to see the sunshine.
Below are some tips to handle post break up syndrome.
1. Cry: Just let it out. Cry as much as you want. Cry! Cry!! Cry!!!. Sniff! Cry again. You can take a whole day to cry. You'd be amazed how much better you'd feel.
2. Do not rebound: This is where most of you get it all wrong. Most people think getting over a failed relationship means getting into the next available one immediately. Until you are comfortable alone, you will never know if you are choosing someone out of love or loneliness. One of the dangers of rebounding is getting used and heartbroken again! Take your time.
3. Detox: Don't worry about being friends just yet. Get rid of keepsakes like his/her pictures, text messages or any sort of reminders. Leave the ex out of your life for a while and work on feeling better.
4. Talk to a friend: Try not to keep it all to yourself. Find a friend and pour it all out.
5. Do not use social media to do these:
i. Post aggressive messages.
ii. Tag him on all of your posts.
iii. Brag about new relationships or hook ups.
iv. Block or unfriend him without good reasons.
v. Post cheesy quotes from famous people in reference to your breakup.
vii. Make rude comments about men, women, relationship, dating, etc.